Come on in and take a load off. Want some lemonade?

Why a blog? Why my blog? Good questions.

Hubby's wonderful, the children are lots of fun (and work) to have around, and life is full. While not an exhaustive list, I'm primarily a mom, wife, teacher, writer, reader, student, chauffeur, Christian, friend, patriot, gardener, cook, housekeeper, organizer, nurse, counselor, and referee -- but not necessarily in that order. That means life is crazy-busy.

I am constantly searching and learning; a few specific topics are my main areas of interest (health & nutrition, gardening, organics, politics, and history), but I find myself curious about just about everything.

Also, I like to share what I know, what I do, and what I'm learning.

So, "Why a blog?" Well, why not?

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. Come again.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Friday!

Good morning.

Today we have enrichment classes with our homeschooling friends. The kids love this day of the week. Truthfully, so do I. Although I haven't been able to visit with my friends, since my youngest (DS#2) is going through some anxiety-type issues. On the upside, I'm learning about drama, beginning Spanish, and arts & crafts alongside him and 15 other very energetic 8- and 9-year olds. My daughter (DD) helps in the "snack shop" for a while and then joins in on classes with us while my oldest son (DS#1) attends his classes. Bonus:  it's Pizza Day, so no lunches to pack! It's a great way to spend a Friday.

After that, DS#1 has his chemistry labs with some more homeschool friends. One of the brave moms in the group graciously offered her home (and back patio when necessary) as the place for this group of teenagers to experiment and potentially blow things up. They're certainly hopeful...

Who knows what the afternoon and evening will bring. DS#1 most definitely has plans in the works -- I've picked up on snippets like "gym" and [youth group] while he's been plotting on the phone with friends and Facebook. Translation:  driving. That's fine. Hubby (DH) and I love that DS#1's mature and responsible enough to have earned these freedoms as he gets older. DS#1 has a great group of friends. It's fun to watch.

This all comes after my and DS#1's day begins at 5:30 for an early morning scripture class-slash-youth group called "Seminary." Happily, it's held in our home so we get to sleep in the longest of any of the attendees. It's fun. Really. Kicker:  Friday is "breakfast potluck" day while we work on scripture memorization. Food usually perks teenagers right up.

All in all, a grand Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment