Come on in and take a load off. Want some lemonade?

Why a blog? Why my blog? Good questions.

Hubby's wonderful, the children are lots of fun (and work) to have around, and life is full. While not an exhaustive list, I'm primarily a mom, wife, teacher, writer, reader, student, chauffeur, Christian, friend, patriot, gardener, cook, housekeeper, organizer, nurse, counselor, and referee -- but not necessarily in that order. That means life is crazy-busy.

I am constantly searching and learning; a few specific topics are my main areas of interest (health & nutrition, gardening, organics, politics, and history), but I find myself curious about just about everything.

Also, I like to share what I know, what I do, and what I'm learning.

So, "Why a blog?" Well, why not?

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. Come again.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

WordPress defined: Yet another thing for me to learn

For the um-teenth time this week, someone has just regaled the wonders of WordPress. I mean, I've heard of it before -- I don't live under a rock, after all. I'm curious by nature, so when I'm on a Web site I look everywhere -- and I mean everywhere -- and I do see "WordPress" listed a lot of the time.

OK, so I have yet another thing to study. Not merely read, but stuuuuu-deeee. Yay, me!

DS#1 will enjoy that, though. I know that he secretly enjoys when others (namely me) suffer the torment of studying, note taking, etc. Misery loves company, you know.

I'm actually looking forward to learning WordPress. I don't know when or how I'll do it, but I did anticipate this. I had already picked up my copy of WordPress for Dummies from the library; it's been on my coffee table for about three weeks now. Clearly it moves to the top of the pile -- soon.

BTW, "um-teenth" is, in fact, a word. I know this because my mom used it all the time when my rotten brothers and I were kids. As in, "I've told you for the um-teenth time:  Clean Up Your ROOM or I will come in there and Do It FOR YOU -- and You WON'T Like It!" (Note: Mom sounds intense here, but she was -- and still is -- a total pushover with a sweet spirit. She had to try to scare us, though -- it's in the Mom Rule Book.) FYI, the number umteen comes somewhere between 19 and a bazillion.

No comments:

Post a Comment